Saturday, June 25, 2011

Colors, colors, colors



I love taking walks, especially at sunset. Down here in Kentucky, we get some of the greatest colors. We get the oranges, purples, blues, pinks--it's so gorgeous so I'm constantly taking pictures to show.



I love to find the most peaceful spots with the right lighting. It just shows some of the true beauty. I live near the Land between the Lakes in Western Kentucky, and there are some truly unique places. All the pictures above I took while traveling the Trace with my husband. He does the driving so I can find the spots I like. I stumbled onto this litt
le dirt road and just absolutely loved the shot. That has to be one of my favorites.

And, of course, my favorite pictures of the colorful sky...




Colors, colors, colors--can't get enough of them!! For some reason, I feel this overwhelming need to surround myself with lots of color. Several years ago, my husband and I decided to paint our kitchen. I wanted something that had a fresh color coming in because we had excellent lighting in there. We fought for a week about the color, and I finally said, "Listen, I'm the one that lives in there cooking for everybody. The least you can do is give me my room the way I want it". Needless to say, I got to pick the paint. I went with Apple Tree Green. It went beautifully with my dark mahogany cabinets. Everybody that came in my house commented on how well the color complemented the colors in the kitchen. So now it's a standing joke in the house that his kitchen is called "holy crap it's green!!"

The point I'm making is sometimes it's good to experiment with color. I don't care how ridiculous the color is, you might be surprised at how much you like it. Colors make us feel good about ourselves, when nothing else does.

No comments:

Post a Comment