Friday, June 24, 2011

More Calming Moments...


As I sit here sifting through my pictures, I feel overwhelmingly drawn to the ones I took by the water. That's really not surprising because when I'm in one of my funks, water has always soothed me and calmed me down. It would force me to relax every inch of me. Aching muscles went away, the tension in my neck would ease, and I enjoyed every minute of it. That is known in my house as "Mom Time". Both my husband and kids know that for one hour they are not to bug mom for anything. Dad gives mom a break, knowing it will make his life easier for the night.

I firmly believe water can be a healing agent and cleanse us inside out. It refreshes you on so many levels--how can you not feel better about yourself? I think people should start to take some time for themselves. Just one hour to spoil yourself and feel selfish. You do enough during the day...and night...to allow yourself a little bit of time.



Nothing is softer or more flexible than water, yet nothing can resist it. -- Lao Tzu


Take a course in good water and air; and in the eternal youth of Nature you may renew your own. Go quietly, alone; no harm will befall you-- John Muir

No comments:

Post a Comment